Once someone is arrested, they often find themselves at the mercy of a daunting legal system that does not always have their best interests in mind. At Calfas Law Group, our role is to intervene in these circumstances and ensure that not only our clients' rights are respected, but that the allegations against them are subject to the highest levels of scrutiny. Our team is respected in the legal community and includes several former prosecutors who have an intimate understanding of how our Texas criminal justice system works.
If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, the time to take action is now. Contact our offices today to request a consultation with our team.
San Antonio Criminal Defense Services
At Calfas Law Group, we handle the full spectrum of criminal cases: Everything from simple misdemeanors to serious federal charges. No matter what the circumstances of the case may be, we know that it is critical to understand the facts and slow the judicial process down to ensure our client receives the consideration they deserve.
Our firm is ready to handle cases concerning:
- Domestic violence
- Sex crimes
- Federal crimes
- Drug offenses and crimes
- Violent crimes
- Gun and weapons crimes
Why You Should Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney
Too many criminal defense firms approach these cases looking for the swiftest plea deals possible for their clients. With our team of San Antonio criminal defense lawyers, this is not the case. Our team is staffed with seasoned litigators and former prosecutors who are not afraid to enter the courtroom to defend our clients.
We will exhaustively examine your case in order to expose critical errors or shortcomings in the state's allegations against you and ensure that you are aware of all of your legal options throughout every phase of this process. If you have been arrested, Calfas Law Group is ready to stand with you.
What Does a Criminal Defense Attorney Do?
A criminal defense attorney is a lawyer who specializes in defending individuals or organizations that have been accused of committing a crime. Their primary role is to provide legal representation to their clients and advocate for their rights throughout the criminal justice process.
Here are some key tasks and responsibilities of a criminal defense attorney:
- Client Consultation: Criminal defense attorneys meet with clients to discuss their case, gather information, and provide legal advice. They assess the details of the case and explain the potential legal consequences and options available to the client.
- Case Investigation: Attorneys conduct thorough investigations into the circumstances surrounding the alleged crime. This may involve gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, and examining any relevant documents or records.
- Legal Strategy Development: Based on their investigation and analysis of the case, defense attorneys develop a legal strategy tailored to the specific needs and circumstances of their client. This strategy may include identifying potential defenses, legal arguments, or negotiation tactics.
- Court Representation: Defense attorneys represent their clients in court proceedings, including arraignments, pre-trial hearings, trials, and appeals. They present arguments, cross-examine witnesses, and make legal motions on behalf of their clients.
- Negotiation with Prosecutors: Attorneys negotiate with prosecutors to reach plea bargains or settlements that are favorable to their clients. This may involve seeking reduced charges or penalties in exchange for a plea of guilty or other concessions.
- Legal Research and Analysis: Defense attorneys conduct legal research to understand relevant laws, precedents, and regulations that apply to their clients' cases. They use this information to build a strong defense and support their arguments in court.
- Client Counseling: Attorneys provide guidance and support to their clients throughout the legal process. This may include advising clients on the potential outcomes of their case, preparing them for court appearances, and addressing any concerns or questions they may have.
- Post-Conviction Representation: In cases where a client has been convicted, defense attorneys may continue to represent them in post-conviction proceedings, such as appeals or petitions for sentence reductions.
Overall, the role of a criminal defense attorney is to protect the rights of their clients, ensure they receive fair treatment under the law, and work towards achieving the best possible outcome in their case.
Call our defense attorneys at 210-405-8315to start exploring your legal options.
Whether you are dealing with a legal matter in San Antonio, requiring trusted family law guidance, aggressive criminal defense, or proven personal injury advocacy, Calfas Law Group, PLLC is prepared to guide you through it.
This is a very high quality, high level law firm with some of the best attorneys in the state.- Shirleyann R.
Talk about "Peace of Mind"- Anthony V.
Mr. Calfas is the best!- Cookie
When I met Chase Butler, I knew there was hope- Charles
CALFAS Law Rocks!!- Randy B.
Litigation is what we are known for. If we have to litigate a case, we are always ready to do so on our clients' behalves.
We offer initial free consultations as a starting point for our clients seeking counsel from our firm.
Results - Driven
Our goal is to obtain the highest favorable outcome for your case.
Trusted by the Community
All of our attorneys have familiarity with the local courts, having presented many cases throughout our years in practice.
We offer comprehensive counsel for a broad range of family law, criminal defense, and personal injury matters.