San Antonio Annulment Lawyer
Assisting Clients Through The Annulment Process in Texas
At Calfas Law Group, PLLC, we provide experienced legal counsel and representation in family law matters, including annulments. Our San Antonio annulment lawyer is committed to helping you navigate the complexities of these cases and working tirelessly to protect your interests.
Call Calfas Law Group, PLLC, today at (210) 405-8315 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our annulment attorney in San Antonio.
What is an Annulment?
An annulment is considered a legal procedure that declares a marriage null and void as if it never existed. Unlike a divorce, which ends a legally valid marriage, an annulment essentially erases the marriage from a legal standpoint. In the eyes of the law, an annulled marriage never happened. This distinction is crucial for various reasons, such as the division of property, assets, and potential spousal support.
Who is Eligible For An Annulment in Texas?
Annulments are typically sought when a marriage is deemed void or voidable under specific circumstances, making it an appropriate legal remedy for certain situations. These situations may include:
- Bigamy: When one spouse was already married to another individual at the time of the current marriage.
- Incestuous marriage: When the spouses are closely related by blood.
- Age of consent: When one or both parties were underage and had no legal capacity to consent to marriage.
- Fraud or misrepresentation: When one spouse was deceived into marrying under false pretenses, such as concealing a criminal history or lying about important matters.
- Impotence: When one spouse is incapable of engaging in sexual relations, and the other party was unaware of this fact at the time of marriage.
- Intoxication or duress: When one or both parties were under the influence of drugs or alcohol or coerced into the marriage against their will.
- Lack of mental capacity: When one or both parties lack the mental capability to understand the nature and consequences of marriage.
- Non-consummation: When the marriage was not consummated.
Contact Our San Antonio Annulment Attorney Today
If you believe your marriage may be eligible for annulment, it is crucial to consult with a skilled San Antonio annulment attorney who can guide you through the legal process and defend your rights. At Calfas Law Group, PLLC, we are committed to providing you with the compassionate and skilled legal representation you deserve. We will work diligently to help you achieve the best possible outcome, safeguarding your rights and interests throughout the annulment process. Reach out to us today, and let us help you move forward toward a brighter future.
Contact Calfas Law Group, PLLC, today to get started with our San Antonio annulment lawyer.